Francesco Napolitano received his M.Sc. degree in Computer Science from the University of Salerno, at Salerno, Italy, in 2006 with the thesis: “An Interactive Approach To Hierarchical Clustering”. In 2010, he received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the same University, with a thesis developed at Institute of Genomics and Bioinformatics (IGB), University of California Irvine, Irvine, USA, by the title: “Fast Search in Chemical Databases using Tanimoto Similarity Bounds and Clustering Techniques”. From January 2010 to February 2012, he worked with University G. D’annunzio of Chieti, Italy, on a project funded by Italian Association for Cancer Research (AIRC). From March to June 2012 he visited University of Helsinki, Finland, for an EU funded project. Since 2013 he works at Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine (TIGEM) in Naples, Italy.
- F.N. is the author of a number of scientific publications in the areas of Machine Learning, Bioinformatics and Cheminformatics. A list of publications can be found here.
- F.N. is the author of pyleaf, a data flow language supported by a Python library. You can find it here. A scientific paper about the tool was published here. It was granted a “Highly Accessed” designation and it’s currently in the top 2% of the journal articles as ranked by AltMetrics.
- F.N. is the author of GBA WinS, a Windows-Like Operating System for the Game Boy Advance. It used to have a community of thousands of users in the GBA era. It can still be found here.
- F.N. is the author of an enhanced version of the Matlab hierarchical clustering tools. The download page is currently offline, but a demo video can bee found on YT here.
- F.N. is the author of an italian web-comic, that used to have hundreds of readers. It can be found here.
Mail: f DOT napolitano AT tigem DOT it
Tweets di @franapoli